The menstrual cycle is divided into four phases, which are repeated over and over again in the fertile stage. It can last between 21 and 35 days, but this does not mean that each time you feel the same, or that everyone experiences the same changes in the different phases.
The daily record of your menstrual cycle is a practical self-awareness tool. Some of the benefits are:
– Recognize each phase of your cycle: menstrual, preovulatory, ovulatory, and premenstrual.
– Go through each stage of the hormonal cycle consciously.
– Differentiate the energy levels of each phase and discover, for example, in which phase you are more available and predisposed to carry out specific activities.
– Sensing your emotions and understanding your mood swings.
– Know your sexual desire, which can vary according to the phase.
– Record one of the main points of the symptothermal method: the method of natural contraception and conscious fertility.
– Work on specific symptoms, such as migraines, uterine pain or premenstrual syndrome.
– Balance your diet, your physical training and rest periods.
– Connect with your ability to gestate and give birth not only to children, but also projects, ideas and ventures.
– Connect with the possibility of aligning yourself with your intentions and your desires cycle by cycle, and of releasing the anxieties and worries of each month.
– Channel your creativity, embrace the changes and accept the feminine cyclicity.
What to write down
From the body:
– Phase of the cycle in which you find yourself.
– Vaginal fluids: texture, color, quantity.
– Menstrual blood: texture, color, quantity.
– Changes in your vulva, vagina, or breasts.
– Perceptions of your breasts and uterus area.
– Symptoms in particular.
From the psychic, emotional, spiritual field:
– Record of the mind: agile, focused, creative, tired, scattered, with repetitive thoughts or old conversations.
– Recording of emotions: take time to breathe, observing the center of your chest and perceive your emotional and mental state.
– Record your energy level, especially your sexual energy.
– Record of spiritual consciousness: dreams, revelations, oracles, synchronicities or meditations of the day.
Although there are applications that you can use on your cell phone to record your cycle in detail, the notebook allows you to connect with the ritual of taking a moment to study yourself, so that you can know yourself in depth to live a full life. In addition, by writing by hand, you can also draw or paint to describe the sensations of each day, connecting with your creativity.
Source: The bioguide